Whether you’d like to give a single gift, schedule ongoing donations, or view your giving history, you can do it all online – it’s quick, easy, and secure. Use your debit or credit card, whichever is most convenient.
If you go up to the average 28 year old and ask them to write you a check for something, what would happen? Well, in most cases, they would say something like, “Checks?, I don’t use checks.” But the truth is – – whether someone is 28, 38, 58, or 78 – fewer and fewer people are using checks and instead are using various forms of electronic options for all of their financial and giving transactions. Consider using our online giving – you will probably do a better job of honoring God with the money you earn by planning your giving instead of being spontaneous on Sundays.
Text to Give
To securely make a gift, text your gift amount to (832) 981-1616. If this is your first time, you will be asked to register with a debit or credit card. Save this number to your smart phone for future giving. (e.g. $250 or 75.00) Text To Give Video
The 12 acres that our church owns are tax free. However, the 28 acres that are for sale are taxed. Please pray about making a special contribution in addition to your regular giving to help pay the taxes. We need to raise $20,000 for the payment due at the end of January each year. You can give online on our website or by writing a check and including on the memo line – Taxes.
F&Q About Online Giving:
- What if I change credit cards or want to adjust the date or amount of a contribution? You can edit or delete a scheduled contribution at anytime, including the credit card, date, frequency and amount.
- Can I schedule recurring donations? Yes, you can specify whether you want your contribution made one time, weekly, twice per month, monthly, quarterly, or yearly. You can set up as many schedules as you would like, so it is possible to give a monthly gift as well as a weekly one.
- Will I still receive a contribution statement? Yes, we will mail your year-end giving statement directly to your home address.
- Is online giving secure? We’ve taken steps to ensure that the giving process is safe and secure from beginning to end. All of your giving data is secured by SSL encryption. SSL is an acronym for “Secure Socket Layer”, a security protocol that provides communications privacy over the Internet. It is the same technology used by banks and e-commerce companies such as Amazon.com to keep your information safe and secure during transactions.
Gifts of Stock
Gifts of appreciated securities are a smart and simple way to maximize the effectiveness of your charitable giving. If stocks or mutual funds* you’ve held for more than a year have increased in value, you may want to consider using these assets — rather than cash — to fund your giving. By transferring ownership of your long-term stock to Life Pointe Church you make a gift to support the ministry, avoid the capital gains tax you would pay if the stock were sold, and you may claim a charitable income tax deduction for the current fair market value of the asset.
*Does not apply to tax-exempt retirement plans (e.g., IRAs, 401(k)s, etc.)
Mutual Fund Transfers: These transfers can be complicated. Please call Life Pointe Church to find out how to transfer mutual funds.
- DTC Transfer – If you have your shares of stock in a brokerage account this is a convenient way to transfer your securities. Simply instruct your broker to electronically transfer your securities out of your account into Life Pointe Church’s account and provide the appropriate account information below and please notify Life Pointe Church:
BBVA Compass Investment Solutions
C/O Pershing LLC
FBO: Life Pointe Church
DTC #: 0443
Account #: 5AC444240
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. – Matthew 6:21
Who do I talk to if I have more questions?
Contact Alan Jenkins at 713-501-5245 or [email protected] and he will be glad to answer any other questions you may have.